Increased costs year over year, lead growth dropping. Certain campaigns that in previous years had performed well were now underperforming and needed help. The cost per lead had increased by 100% over the last 3 years across all campaigns. Their competition had started to aggressively outbid my client’s campaigns along with new companies trying to muscle in on the niche with aggressive outbidding tactics.
After a full PPC audit working from the account settings level to campaign level to ad and keyword levels we found outdated bidding strategies that needed updating along with new creative for ads. We decided on a new bidding strategy that worked based on updated ad types and also found a keyword variant, not in use that we were able to create a new ad group for each campaign with, we also changed our bidding strategy based off of years of data we have gathered showing the changing importance of ad placement on screens. We also optimized their website with new mobile-friendly landing pages.
After a short learning phase and optimization over the course of a few months our client’s results improved dramatically. We saw a sharp drop in Cost per Lead (over 75% drop in cost) with an increase in the quality of the leads coming in. A significant increase in the number of leads has also lead our client to hire 5 more field technicians to cover the increased workflow this year alone.